BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE LATEST AND RECENTLY LAUNCHED PROJECTS 2020 - 2022
NNEDPro LOCNI PROJECT: TRANSLATION OF THE LATEST REGIONAL RESOURCES/SURVEYS ON THE PANDEMIC OUTBREAK SINCE 2020
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic over 2020, we have been supporting the following survey initiatives across all regional networks.
The Language of Communicating Nutrition and Impact (LOCNI) – this will involve the translation of our 10-point guide on nutrition
and COVID-19 into multiple languages evaluating the added impact of using linguistically adapted nutrition education resources.
CZECH AND SLOVAK CONFERENCE ON CHILDHOOD OBESITY AND FOOD EDUCATION
The goal of our support and participation was exploring possible cooperation links with Mrs. Jaroslav Kreskociova, an external member of the NNEdPro and founder of the largest Association on Food Education and Childhood Obesity Prevention based in Slovakia – Central Europe.
Summary of the Main Points Discussed/Presented and Key Messages:
1. Childhood Obesity Prevention: A new segment/area of specialiazation of the Switzerland/Non-Mediterranean Europe Network
2. To cooperate on research with a Slovak Institute of Behavioral Psychology (consortium of universities)
3. To implement an existing blueprint project with RN (general curriculum, book, methodological resources)
4. To recruit new members from Central Europe. – opportunity to expand the network in Central Europe
5. To collaborate and attend the Summer Key Events (Summer School / Annual International Summit)
6. To pre-discuss possible implementation pathways of the Mobile Teaching Kitchen
7. To facilitate bilateral applications for funding and grants within a region.
8. New members joined the NNEdPro in November 2021
ROXBOURG INSTITUTE/DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY OF A NUTRITION-RELATED MBA SEMINAR FOR INNOVATORS 2021
The story of Roxbourg started in the year 2015 with the GoodFestival, hosted at The Olympic Museum, which has now become the world’s biggest celebration of sustainable innovation. In the past 5 years, GoodFestival has received support from the City of Lausanne, State of Vaud, Swissnex, MySwitzerland, Swiss / Lufthansa Group, Sandoz Foundation Hotels, tibits, Musée Romain, WWF Suisse, Ashoka Switzerland, BMW Group, Compagnie Générale de Navigation sur le lac Léman (CGN) plus speakers and/or jury members from Tesla Motors, the World Bank Group, Global Compact Network Switzerland & Liechtenstein, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE) and over 100 other organizations.
MOBILE TEACHING KITCHEN: DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATIONAL VIDEO RECIPES (PART OF TIGR2ESS PROJECT AND SUMMER CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL) 2021
The TIGR2ESS programme, which covers a wide range of disciplines from the University of Cambridge and many collaborators across India, is helping to shape an agricultural revolution in India. One of the projects, Flagship Project 6, is doing this by encouraging the growth of crops which can be introduced into people’s diets to improve their health.
TIGR2ESS researchers working for collaborator NNEdPro Global Centre for Nutrition and Health have developed a nutrition education method called a Mobile Teaching Kitchen. The team behind this initiative has developed nutritious recipes, using healthy and often underused ingredients such as the grain millet. The project has empowered marginalised women in Kolkata, India to sell healthy food and deliver nutrition education to customers in a microenterprise model.
Given the wide variety of food preferences in the UK, and the popularity of Indian flavours, we believe these healthy recipes will be enjoyed by and also benefit a UK audience. Because of this, NNEdPro has created a cookbook, inspired by recipes cooked by women taking part in the mobile teaching kitchen project. As part of the 2021 Cambridge Festival, we’re showcasing some of these recipes in an online cook-along session.
ONLINE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE FESTIVAL / ONLINE TALK AND LAUNCH OF THE MOBILE TEACHING KITCHEN COOKBOOK 2021
Online Live Event and talk followed by launch of the Mobile Teaching Kitchen Cookbook
UN FOOD SYSTEMS SUMMIT: CO-ORGANIZATION OF REGIONAL, INDEPENDENT DIALOGUES
The UN Food Systems Summit was convened by UN Secretary-General António Guterres in September 2021. The purpose is was to shape global commitments
and to raise global awareness of food systems, that they might be transformed in order to reduce diet-related diseases, resolve hunger, and restore planetary health.
The Secretary-General was calling all citizens to collective action, so as to“radically change the way we produce, process, transport, market and consume food”.
The Swiss Association for Cooperation on Food Education and Aceites El Tilo organized an Individual Dialogue and meeting with Swiss based food professionals and initiatives to support the regional and global movement.
Website/Link to watch the Event:
CANADA TEACHING KITCHEN / SUNNYBROOK HOSPITALS / UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO 2022
A nutritious foods doesn’t have to mean bland, boring meals. That’s why the Canadian Cardiovascular Harmonized National Guideline Endeavour (C-CHANGE), of which Dr. Jain is the co-chair, collaborated with a professional chef from Switzerland, Jaroslav Guzanic, to create a teaching video on how to prepare a delicious, heart-healthy meal (according to Canadian nutrition guidelines). In the video— which you can watch above— Jaroslav prepares a vegetarian version of the Moroccan dish tagine.
“The teaching video aligns with Canadian nutrition guidelines on best practices to prevent and manage cardiovascular disease,
SUMMARY OF THE LATEST KEY ACTIVITIES IN 2022
- Foundation Course in Human Applied Nutrition/Farm to Table Digital Teaching Kitchen (to be launched in July/August)
- Research Piece 1: International Survey of Chefs and Scientists (to be published in July/August)
- Research Piece 2: The Evolving Nature of the Int. Right to Food and its Relevance to Nutrition Research and Education (August)
- Research Piece 3: Redesigning Customer Satisfaction Surveys in Hospitality for Marketing and Communicating Nutrition
- Heritage research project on non-Mediterranean traditional European diets, their evolution/impact on human/planetary health (to be designed in August)
- Switzerland/Canada Regional Networks on Canada Teaching Kitchen/Educational Recipe/Launch of Health Blog with Sunnybrook Hospital/University of Toronto
- Organized a Satellite Event with the Italian network on the 22nd of July between 1:00-3:00 PM UK time
- Participated and co-delivered the 8th NNEdPro International Summit 2022
More details can be found on www.nnedpro.co.uk/switzerland